Followers

Sunday 11 December 2011

Christmas Recycling

11/12/2011

In the age of dwindling resources, those who recycle can feel justifiably pleased with themselves.
I have always kept the handmade cards I've been given over the years, because as a cardmaker myself, I know how much time and effort often goes into the making of them, and I hate the thought of throwing away someone Else's hard work.
My pile of handmade cards therefore has grown to alarming proportions, but I still can't bring myself to discard them.
This year I decided to select about 6 of those beautiful cards, and recycle them. Early on in the new year, I cut the fronts off a select few, and put aside for re-working, not such a good idea in hindsight because now I don't remember who the originator was to give them their due credit.  So sorry ladies, if you see what you believe was one of your cards in todays post, please let me know and I'll edit to include your credit.
I have made in some cases significant changes to the original, in fact none of the cards is simply remounted, I've made tweeks to all of them, some more than others.
As I didn't make the originals, I can't give you details of products used. I will however mention what I've added and / or deleted / replaced.

So here are some of my re-cycled, pre-loved Christmas cards.


This one I mounted onto the red card before mounting back onto a white base card I finished by adding the silver Merry Christmas Peel off.


I adore this digi image, I have it in my own collection. it was originally mounted onto a white base card.  I  added stitching to the pricked holes all around each layer, recoloured the main image as originally it was quite pale which enabled me to make some tonal changes. I added Kindy Glitz to the wings, and glitter to the berries in her hair. I finished by added a continuous Merry Christmas glitter border around the image and mounted onto  a wisteria base card.



I made very little change to this one, I mounted onto a green base card and added the green Merry Christmas sticker.


The last one I did had a cream and gold ribbon across, I removed the ribbon and stuck some Stampin Up glitter glass on the adhesive, which I then covered with Glossy accents to not only keep it in place, but to sort of seal it. I mounted it onto white card then onto a Stampin Up Rich Razzelberry base card then finished by adding a Rich Razzleberry bow and a gold peel off Merry Christmas sticker. Oh nearly forgot, I also coloured the flowers with R.Razzelberry ink.

All in all I'm really please with my recycling efforts. There was another card which I didn't get around to re working. which is why there are only five, not six.

Hope you enjoy my recycling efforts and remember, if you recognise one or more as your original work, please let me know so I can edit the post.

Happy crafting.

Beth

No comments: