Followers

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Still preping for Christmas

I mentioned the other day that I was going to make some little boxes for my Christmas lunch table. I decided to make them into place settings.
I used Stampin Up's Mini Milk Carton die by Sizzex and cut 2each in 5 colours, I used Always Artichoke, Pear Pizzaz, Cherry Cobbler, Concord Crush and Whisper White.
I decorated the boxes with scraps from a now discontinued double sided paper pack called Jolly Holiday, I printed out the names on whisper white and punched them out using the Stampin Up ornament punch, tied some tinsely red elastic around the top and mounted with dimensionals. a 2cm strip in contrasting colour was cut and scored in half to close the top, only one side was stuck down with score tape, then a mini Library clip was added to keep closed. Each box will hold 2 Farrero Rocher chocolates.



My next project comes from Split Coast Stampers. It's a tag card and to make it stand up for display I've added a stand at the back using a Tim Holtz Sizzex die called Small Easel. Again I've used scraps from Jolly Holiday by Stampin Up. The image is a vintage father Christmas which I printed myself. It came from a collection of vintage Christmas images. Finished with some ribbon and rhinestones and a Christmas rub on the top of the tag.
This is the link for this card: http://splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/pocket_...
         

This next project I found on You Tube, Unfortunately I didn't make a note of the name of the person who's video I saw, but I believe she was casing an idea from somebody else.
For my card I used SU Concord Crush, Almost Amethyst & Whisper white for the snowflake and sentiment.
I used the 4 smallest dies from the Spellbinders Heirloom ornament set, then embossed them with stars, and snowflakes using Cuttlebug embossing folders, I added some stickles around the embossed edge of each bauble and the three top die cuts are mounted with dimensionals, the bottom layer is stuck down flat.
I used the technique of partially cutting a die to only cut out one side of the 2nd largest die which gives the shape to the front of the card.
The card it's self is a 3 fold card the front has the bauble, the next fold has the snow flake and also a border cut using a SU Doily border punch, and the inside is paper  with the same stamped shooting star which I stamped on the first two layers of the card using Concord crush ink, so it's tone on tone. the stamp if from SU's So Happy for you stamp set, and I also punched out a snowflake using a Martha Stewart snowflake punch so that the background colour shows through. The snowflake is cut using  Spellbinders 2010 Snowflake Pendant die set which I inked before cutting the card for one layer, stencilled the next layer, and topped with a punched snowflake.
I added a little hanging ribbon and gems to finish.





Thank you for looking

Happy Crafting.
Beth

No comments: