Followers

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Another CASE card, plus my own variation

11 January 2012

Once again I've been browsing both blog spots and SplitCoast Stampers. Came across some really beautiful work by a lady by the name of Rita Wright. Here is a link to her blog http://ritascreations.blogspot.com/2011_08_01_archive.html

Ideas for the Men folk in our lives are often difficult to come by, and I for one am happy to openly admire another persons excellent work in that difficult area.

Anyway, I have both the stamp set and the DSP that Rita used for this card so I've CASE'd it. Minor variations, but all the colours are the same. This card is an A5 card (A4 folded in half giving a finished card measuring 15 x21cm.
The colours used are: Whisper White, Island Indigo, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, the Inks used are Early Espresso, and Island Indigo. The Designer Series Paper (DSP) is Nautical Expedition and the stamp set is The Open Sea. All are Stampin Up products and available from me.



Then I did a tent fold card, using the same sets, but made a smaller card in a tent fold. minor variation on the colour layers.



This card uses the same products, but the size is only 10.5 x 15cm and the base card is in Crumb Cake not Early Espresso as is the larger card.

May seem strange copying someone Else's work, but why try and improve on perfection? I really like what Rita did with these products and while I'll eventually get around to using them in different ways, I felt a strong urge to mimic something I really admire.

Hope you enjoy.

Happy Crafting,

Hugs,  Beth.








No comments: