Followers

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Just For You

31st January 2012

This card is the result of my stuffing up some Pergomano work. I refuse to throw all that work away, so had to come up with some sort of rescue.

The centre of the Circle is what I rescued from a  12cm x 14cm piece of ruined parchment. I had messed up the cutting of my crosses, I was not very happy but, as I've often said, there are no disasters, only design opportunities. As you can see, I think my design opportunity on this occasion has turned out rather well. I'm pleased with it.

I scored a white A4 Dimple card to create a gate fold card, then used a Martha Stewart border punch called Floral Lace to punch each inside edge.
I layered some Stampin Up DSP from Urban Garden onto Baja Breeze card and attached to the fronts, I wrapped 5/8" white satin ribbon from Stampin up around the right hand side panel before sticking in place with double sided tape.

I cut my parchment with a Spellbinder circle, and used my Zyron to add adhesive to the reverse, then adhered it to a scalloped circle again cut with a Spellbinders die, both of which are available from Blue Edge Crafts.
I decorated my circle with a narrow border sticker and Green Tara Roses and leaves.
The Just for you birthday stamp is by Stamp It No 4338D and I got it from Paper Flourish.
I stamped onto plain white card in Stampin Ups Baja Breeze ink and them used 2mm foam squares to mount onto a Spellbinder cut scalloped circle which is mounted onto the front with Stampin Up Dimensionals.

The butterfly's are punched with a Martha Stewart punch, and cut out of parchment, I used 4 of each size to create one dimensional butterfly.
I Layered the same pattern paper inside the card with a die cut plain white circle to write on.
The roses have a smear of Stickles to add a little glitter. I didn't want much, so I just added a little to a finger tip and swiped it over the roses.
I finished with a Pearl Flourish from Blue Edge crafts and some size graduated pearls at the bottom.

I like pretty, and this is certainly that. (in my humble opinion anyway, lol)

Hope you like this card as much as I do.

Happy crafting,

Hugs,
Beth

No comments: