Followers

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Another Mens Card

21/3/2012

Here is another card in my drive to create for the Males. This one is out of my comfort zone, I love beautiful, and embellishments, and bling, bling, bling. As you can see, this is grunge!  I challenged myself to create something NOT beautiful, NOT blingy and I think I've succeeded.

I've not added a sentiment as yet, but plan on using this as a birthday card.

I used cor dinations card stock for the playing cards and the wood panel behind, then sanded them back to the inner core. then used distress inks in frayed burlap  to make them look more dingy.
The backing paper is from my stash, no idea where it came from. I distresed and tore the edges and again inked them with distress ink. The base card is Stampin Up basic black, and I used SU's Real Red behind the wood panel.

It feels really strange posting this after the card I posted for Merry. I don't think I'll be doing a lot of grunge, it just doesn't sit well with me. So tomorrow I'll be back to beautiful.

Happy crafting
Hugs


Beth

No comments: