Followers

Monday 2 April 2012

Owls

1st April 2012

On Friday I had another great scrapbooking workshop with Heather, I got all the Kaszazz work done on this two page layout. Since then, I've completed the layout with my own additions and tweaks.

I've added some pink patterned DS paper from Stampin Up behind the photos, also some lace trim, which I trimmed down from it's original form, I only wanted the flowers, not the borders. I also added some chipboard words and embellishments, and a little Kaszazz bling flourish to finish.

After going through all my hundreds of photographs, I've come to the very sad realisation that I don't actually have that many worthy of scrapping, so that's going to have to change. An example would be the photo of Cassie sitting on the low wall in the garden, beautifully dressed, ready to go to a birthday party, with the unfinished garden and a darn wheelbarrow in the background.
But she looks so gorgeous; I've used the photo anyway.

I'll certainly be more aware of composition and LOCATION when future photos are taken. I found so many photo's which had they only been in proper focus, would have been stunning, others, the moment captured is so precious, but the BACKGROUND was awful.

Until I got this scrapbooking bug, I had no idea of the sorts of things which could ruin a good shot. Hopefully, that will improve in time as both my husband and myself become much more aware of the surrounding scenery which can either make or break a shot, and the FOCUS!!! so much to learn.....

Here are Friday’s pages. Not picture perfect, but then Life isn't picture perfect either is it?

The journaling I will add later.




Till next fortnight. Happy Scrapping!

Oh and if you have any hint's, tips or any other assorted advice for this novice scrapper, PLEASE feel free to comment! it will be most appreciated.

Hugs

Beth

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont know maybe the wheelbarrow makes it look natural lol we'll get around to sending more xx

MillyMollyMandy said...

Beautiful layouts Beth, (even with the wheelbarrow ;) I'm sure we've all got a few piccies like that. Love the layout and everything you've used - doesn't look at all novice to me :)

MillyMollyMandy said...

Beautiful layouts Beth, (even with the wheelbarrow ;) I'm sure we've all got a few piccies like that. Love the layout and everything you've used - doesn't look at all novice to me :)