Followers

Sunday 15 April 2012

Easy Peasy

14th April 2012

I'm planning on doing a card making class for ladies who have never made cards before, and have requested something SIMPLE.

The hard part was not a simple card, but a card that is not only simple but looks simple as well. Some of the cards I make are very simple, but look difficult and complicated, and I've found that just the look can turn people off from even trying. So here is simplicity itself.


It had to be pretty though! I've not added a sentiment, as I don't know what occasion I'll use this for yet, quite a few of my cards don't have a sentiment added until I know what I'll use them for, or I sell them, then the buyer tells me what occasion they want the card for and I add in the appropriate sentiment and inside verse.

This is a 12.5cm square card, I cut the pink pattern paper (Stampin Up Lap of Luxury DSP) to 11.5cm square, and the darker paper is the reverse cut to 10cm square.
The silhouette sticker is adhered to a scrap of white card punched with a 1 3/8" square Stampin Up punch. I inked the edges with Stampin Up Wisteria ink.

The ribbon is seam binding which I purchased from Paper Flourish. The butterfly is punched out with a Martha Stewart Punch, I inked the edges and adhered just the centre body part of the second one to the centre of the bottom layered one. then added some gems for a bit of bling. I also added some tiny gems to the centre of each of the patterns in the pink layer.

So simple, so quick and so pretty.

Happy Crafting,
Hugs,
Beth

No comments: