Followers

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Owls

22nd May 2012

Yesterdays card making class covered OWLS. I love owls, and I offered 3 different owl cards for the ladies to choose from. On reflection in hindsight, I think I was asking a bit much of some of the ladies as they struggled with the concepts, the equipment and I'm going to step backwards to simpler cards for a while longer.

While two of these cards are not perfect, (I smudged the Glossy Accents on one, and there was a tad too much glue on the eyes of another. I'm happy with one of them,  though I must admit I really like the layouts of all three.

I've used Cuttlebug Swiss Dots, Cottage Cutz Owl, Spellbinders Owl set and a Stampin Up owl punch to create the owls.

Did I tell you I love Owls?


For this first owl, I've used Spellbinder dies to cut the circles, Cottage cutz die to cut the owl, and a Martha Stewart Punch for the lacy scallop border. LOVE this owl. (this is the one I didn't stuff up)


For  this one I used Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder for the background, and the owls are punched with a Stampin Up punch. (I had a real giggle with myself at the way I've got their eyes directed. The bottom left owl looks like he's crying due to the overuse of glue, the snowy owl in the middle is simply staring outwards, and the top right owl is wondering who the gorgeous white stranger is! LOL)

Daddy; Mummy & Baby Owl

This card used the Swiss Dots embossing folder again, and the owls are cut using a Spellbinder die set of 3. I adore these owls. (unfortunately, these are the ones I smudged the wet Glossy Accents on, as you can plainly see, was I ever miffed over that!)  As the spellbinder dies in this set only outline cut, all the detail is hand drawn in and I've used sponge inking to add shading and depth.The branch is a scrap cut to resemble a branch. The larger leaves are the smallest die in a Spellbinders leaf set, and the tiny leaves are a mini punch I got eons ago from a $2 shop, again I've drawn in detail and added some sponging.


Hope you like my owls, even the not so perfect ones.

Happy Crafting
Beth

1 comment:

Dr Sonia S V said...

I love your owl family they look so sweet sitting on the tree branch!
Thank You for the sweet comment on my blog

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com