Followers

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Trio of cut and embossed cards

29th May 2012

I needed to come up with 3 easy to make cards for my Monday ladies group. These are the cards I came up with.
The idea came from a Kaszazz card set of 3 pastel tone on tone cards. While one of my cards is tone on tone, as you can see the other two are most definitely not.

Card 1 is made with Stampin Up card in Bashful Blue, I cut and embossed with a Cuttlebug cutting and embossing folder, the butterfly is a combination of two Spellbinders dies who's names I can't remember. The small butterfly's are punched with two of Martha Stewart's Punches, the sentiment is a Sticker Store peel off and I finished with some pearls and Kindy Glitz.


Card 2 is using a base card of white ribbed card & pale peachy yellow linen card from Blue Edge Crafts. The Watermelon card is Cordinations card, again cut and embossed with the same folder as card one, but as this is cordinations, I sanded back to reveal the inner core colour of the card, which just happens to perfectly match the linen card it's mounted onto. The sentiment is a sticker, can't remember where I got that one from, and the butterfly is another two Martha Stewart punches. finished with some champagne coloured pearls.



Card 3 is again using cordinations card, I used a black with a white core card, embossed and cut with another Cuttlebug folder called Cogs & Wheels (I only know it's name because they had the great idea of putting it on the folder, wish they always did that) I used a Stampin Up card stock in More Mustard behind the black. the gears are cut with a Tim Holtz alterations Sizzex die called Gadget Gears, cut out of the SU More Mustard card, then inked with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink.
The cake is a sticker which comes on the same sheet as the sentiment, I think I got that sheet from The Sticker Store. I really love the way the core colour of the cordination range of card shows up so very well once sanded back.


Three cards, same basic idea, but each so different. None of my cards look like the cards I got the original idea from, but that's what inspiration is all about isn't it? take an idea and run with it, create something uniquely different.

The ladies all enjoyed making these cards, learned a couple of  new techniques and had a good laugh, what could be better! Fun Crafting and Happy companionship.

Happy Crafting
Hugs,
Beth

1 comment:

Sandy said...

3 lovely cards, the last one would make a good male card as well. Great use of embossing techniques.
Sounds like you all had fun too!
Sandy