Followers

Sunday 10 June 2012

Craft Fair 2012

9th to 11th June 2012
Craft Fair at The Gardens Recreation Centre;
This fair is held over the June long weekend every year, and Blue Edge Crafts always attend, in fact it's the only fair they do now.
For several years now I've gone along to demonstrate for them, As there is no new equipment to demo this year, I've been spending my time using the Hobby Dots and cards. The pack I chose to use had 6 different designs in it, and here is what I've done with those designs.
All supplies are of course available from Blue Edge Crafts.


This one has a paper tole (3D image) in the centre of a Greeny/Gold glitter scalloped circle cut with a Spellbinder die. The Get well Soon is a rub on and needs touching up.


For this card, I used a pyramid image which I mounted onto a Spellbinder die cut scallop circle, I added a Kris Kross of ribbon and used some of the Hobby Dots to create the flower in the top Right corner.


The owl on the front of this one is cut from a DS 12 x 12 sheet of Birch scrapbooking paper, behind the owl is a Spellbinder die cut out of self adhesive glitter paper. I used three different reds from the range of Hobby Dots stickers, as well as the silver edged green and silver elliptical shapes to fill in ovals. The straight borders and larger dots are from yet another of the Hobby dot range of sticker sheets.


I wanted to do a Male themed card, and this is it. I used brown and blue tear drops  rub ons, and yet another Spellbinder die cut which I embossed with a Spellbinder double sided embossing folder. the gold is some of the scrap from the sticker sheet which I put onto acetate then cut out to use as a layer behind the star topper. the shirt, star topper elements, the tag and the ribbon are all from a range of rub on's which have topper elements included, They are a Jenni B collection by Ribtex.


For this card I chose to use aqua and burgundy.  a Spellbinder die cut from self adhesive glitter paper sits behind some small nylon flowers which were on wire, I cut the wire right behind the base of the flower, then used Silicone glue/sealant to adhere them into a bunch in the centre of the glitter die cut.


I think this one is my favourite. I used an outline sticker on acetate which I then flood coloured with Glaze and Aqualip pens. I tried an idea I'd had for a while which was to add in a darker colour while the lighter colour was still very wet, as hoped they bled together giving a shaded effect.


This last card, is not a Hobby dot card as you can plainly see, it is one of the aperture cards which BEC sell in packs.Mandy had a paper tole image already made up, and I used that for the centre. I mounted it onto purple self adhesive glitter paper and used silver peel off for the corners and around the aperture.. The sentiment is a rub on.


I really enjoy doing the craft fairs, it's 3 full day's of crafting, and sharing the joy and love of crafting with others. I take great pleasure in helping others learn new ideas, techniques etc. Long my it continue. lol

Happy Crafting
Hugs
Beth.

3 comments:

MillyMollyMandy said...

Lovely cards, Beth and it's a wonderful to have you do our demos - I love your work and your enthusiasm. My favourite is the flower on acetate too, I love this technique.

Merry said...

You certainly had a busy fun time Beth....these cards are all wonderful. Great use of the Hobby Dots.

CathyC said...

Great cards Beth - I so enjoyed watching you work on them ;-)